Many people get income from different sources every month. But most can’t answer the question: How much money did you make last month? Let’s face it, not knowing how much income you make every month and when it comes in is a challenge when you are trying to improve your income and increase your earnings.
We sat down with one of our senior product designers, Marcel Crudele, to talk about Steady’s income tracker: What it is, and what it does.
1. What is Steady’s income tracker?
The income tracker automatically organizes all of a Steady member’s income information into an easy-to-understand snapshot that makes it easy to see at a glance. It can tell you:
- How much you’ve made this month and in the previous months.
- Income trends over a period of time so you can track your progress.
- A summary of you all your income sources highlighting how much money comes from each.
- Individual income transactions.
2. Why is Steady asking its members to link their bank account?
We want our members to connect with Steady so they can organize all of their income information. Once they’ve connected, the income tracker does the rest. It’s not uncommon for people working several gigs to get multiple deposits a week. All members need to do is check back when they want updates and see whether they should make adjustments to how they’re working.
3. Can you use Steady without linking your account?
Yes, but you’ll need to link at least one account to access our Income Tracker feature.
4. Is it safe?
Yes. Steady uses Plaid to connect to your bank – the same technology used by companies such as Venmo, TransferWise, MoneyLion, Robinhood, Acorns and Coinbase. This technology ensures your information is encrypted end-to-end. Your actual bank credentials are never available to Steady.
5. What if people have more questions about it?
They can email us at email@example.com. We are happy to answer their questions.